The Scrappy Duo is on a mission: to explore, understand, create and love.
The Scrappy Duo, a new web series for kids, was catapulted into the world on March 2, 2017. With just a few episodes online, The Scrappy Duo has already gained a pack of loyal Scrappy Do-ers. Finding kids programming more unique, diverse and entertaining would be a challenge.
What Can You Expect?
The Scrappy Duo consists of seven original sketches, each with its own purpose.
- Wake up to Tea @ Sea, the latest in kids news, literature and entertainment.
- Professor Origami is downright ridiculous. S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) education at its best.
- Baby Blues Brothers. First name: Safety. Last name: Seriously.
- Finding the Middle of Nowhere is like archeology for babies.
- Diversity, acceptance and love are the focus of The Very Young & The Restless.
- Do you have questions about healthy living, sanity, or need encouragement in your pursuit of silliness? Ask Anatoli.
- Follow The Adventures of The Scrappy Duo as they hike, bike, swim, kayak, and camp across America.
Although The Scrappy Duo claims to cater to kids ages 3-7, there’s something for everyone.
Who are Stephen and Nate?
As creators and hosts, Know-it-All Nate and Shy Stephen are performers and educators, with experience onstage, in front of the camera and in the classroom. Seven years ago they moved to the Big Apple in pursuit a Broadway career. Stifled by the big city, they took every opportunity to get away and became completely disconnected from social media. In 2016, they were married in Wooster, Ohio and moved to Pasadena, California to be live-in nannies to a 1-year-old girl.
According to Stephen, “We’ve always wanted to have our own show. Over the past seven years, we’ve tossed numerous show concepts around, but never felt the passion we do for The Scrappy Duo.”
“After we were married and moved to California, our calling changed dramatically. As two married men with a desire for a family, it was time to speak up and use our talents not only to create entertainment, but to make a difference,” says Nate.
When you ask Nate and Stephen the inspirations behind The Scrappy Duo, they’ll rattle off a list of complete randomness: Highlights Magazine, Sesame Street, Carol Burnett, Pee-Wee Herman, Shel Silverstein, National Geographic Kids, etc. It only takes a glimpse of their content to see that The Scrappy Duo is particularly special, and that their only true inspiration has been kids.
Season 1: Newborn. March – May 2017, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Facebook and Instagram @thescrappyduo