You know you’re a gay dad when…
- you notice another dad’s sexy tushie.
- your 6-year-old still can’t throw a ball.
- you use feminine pronouns correctly.
- you’re the only guy on your kids’ school council.
- your kids watch the Tony Awards.
- your 3-year-old son pretend-shaves his chest.
- your party favors come in a gift-bag with a bow.
- your kids call your babysitter mommy.
- your kids can spell s-u-p-e-r-c-a-l-i-f-r-a-g-i-l-i-s-t-i-c-e-x-p-i-a-l-i-d-o-c-i-o-u-s.
And from our readers…
- you have baby food, diapers, sparkling white wine, gourmet appetizer, and fresh cut flowers in your shopping cart – all in one trip. Shared by Petey Laohaburanakit via Facebook
- your pre-teen daughters are arguing about whether a picture of a boy is cute or not and they come to you for the deciding vote! Shared by Jt Struthers via Facebook
- you realize you don’t know what’s in or what the latest fashion is or whatever is trending and you frankly don’t care, you have better things to do with your kids. Shared by Toby Susse via Facebook
- when your kid asks you where babies come from and the conversation is about surrogacy and adoption. Shared by Orlando Gay Dad @FLTomato via Twitter
- when I used to feel bad my kids were bad at sports, then I realized I can buy trophies, now they’re good at everything! Shared by Orlando Gay Dad @FLTomato via Twitter
- When you find yourself changing nappies. Shared by Vernal Scott via Facebook
- When you and your husband find yourself debating which cartoon character is the hottest. Shared by Paul Skippen via Facebook
To help find your path to fatherhood through gay adoption, surrogacy or foster care check out the Gays With Kids GWK Academy.